Dr. Denise Hall
- Dr. Hall has a book in press, In Harm’s Way: Professional Helpers at Risk, based on her Doctorate research in Clinical Psychology from California Southern University in Irvine CA.
Dr. Dmitry Leontiev
- In July 2014 Dr. Leontiev’s main affiliation became National Research University Higher School of Economics (Moscow, Russia) where he is now Head of the International Research Lab of Positive Psychology of Personality and Motivation. Part-time he is also Professor of Psychology at Lomonosov Moscow State University and at NRU Higher School of Economics.
- In 2014 Dr. Leontiev became an Honorary Lifetime member of the Society for Logotherapy and Existential Analysis of Viktor Frankl Institute, Austria.
Dr. Paul T. P. Wong
- Dr. Wong is the most recent recipient of the APA Carl Rogers Award.
- Dr. Wong has been nominated to be the President-Elect of APA Division 32.
INPM Members’ Recent Publications
(2014, 2015, in press)
Dr. Heesoon Bai & Dr. Avraham Cohen
- Bai, H., Cohen, A. & Park, S. (Forthcoming). Classroom as dojo: Contemplative teaching and learning as martial art. In a special issue A. Zajonc & D. Barbezat (Eds.), The Journal of Contemplative Inquiry
- Bai, H., Morgan, P., Scott, C., & Cohen, A. (in press). Prolegoma to spiritual research paradigm: importance of attending to the embodied and the subtle. In J. Lin, O. Qargha, R. Oxford, & T. Culham, (Eds.), Incorporating spirituality in research in social sciences and education. Charlotte NC: Information Age.
- Cohen, A., & Bai, H. (in press). Ancient and medieval sources of therapy. Encyclopedia of theory in psychology. Thousand Oaks CA: Sage.
Cohen, A. (2015). Becoming fully human within educational environments: Inner life, relationship, & learning (2nd ed.). Burnaby, BC: The Write Room Press. Available from Amazon.ca.
- Bai, H. & Cohen, A. (2014). Zen and the art of storytelling. Studies in Philosophy and Education. Springer, 33(3). DOI: 10.1007/s11217-014-9413-8.
- Bai, H., Cohen, A. & Rabi, S. (November, 2014), Post-individualist pedagogy: Relationship as teaching. In Deer, F., Falkenberg, T., McMillan, B., & Sims. L. (Eds.). Education for sustainable well-being: Concepts, issues, perspectives, and practices. Winnipeg, MB: Education for Sustainable Well-being Research Group.
- Bai, H. ,Cohen, A., Culham, T., Park, S., Rabi, S., Scott, C. & Tait, S. (2014). A call for wisdom in higher education: Voices of contemplative inquiry. In O. Gunnlaugson, E. Sarath, H. Bai, & C. Scott (Eds.) Contemplative learning and inquiry across disciplines. New York,NY: State University of New York. Available from Amazon.ca.
- Cohen, A. & Bai, H. (2014). Suffering loves and needs company: Daoist and Zen perspectives on the counsellor as companion. In D. Jardine, G. McCaffrey, & C. Gilham (Eds.), On the pedagogy of suffering: Hermeneutic and Buddhist meditations. New York, NY: Peter Lang Publishers. Available from Amazon.ca.
- Cohen, A., Bai, H., & Fiorini, K. (2014). The Self-Cultivation Model of lifelong learning: Toward post-egoic development. In C. X. Wang (ed.), Adult and community health education: Tools, trends and methodologies. Hershey, PA: IGI Global. Available from Amazon.ca.
- Cohen, A., Porath, M., Clarke, A., Bai, H., Leggo, C., & Meyer, K. (2014). Speaking of learning: Recollections, revelations, and realizations. Rotterdam, The Netherlands: Sense. Available from Amazon.ca.
Dr. Veronika Huta
- Bujacz, A., Vittersø, J., & Huta, V., Kaczmarek, L.D. (accepted). Measuring eudaimonia and hedonia as motives for activities: Cross-national investigation through traditional and Bayesian Structural Equation Modeling. Frontiers in Psychology, Special Issue: Frontiers in Quantitative Psychology and Measurement.
- Comeau, G., Huta, V., & Liu, Y. (accepted). Work ethic, motivation, and parental influences in Chinese and North American children learning to play the piano. International Journal of Music Education.
- Huta, V. (accepted). The complementary roles of eudaimonia and hedonia and how they can be pursued in practice. In S. Joseph (Ed.), Positive psychology in practice, Second Edition. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.
- Huta, V. (2014). When to use hierarchical linear modeling. Tutorials in Quantitative Methods for Psychology, 10, 1-28.
- Huta, V., & Waterman, A. S. (2014). Eudaimonia and its distinction from hedonia: Developing a classification and terminology for understanding conceptual and operational definitions. Journal of Happiness Studies, 15, 1425-1456
Dr. Dmitry Leontiev
- Leontiev, D. (in press). Experience processing as an aspect of existential psychotherapy: Life enhancement methodology. Journal of Contemporary Psychotherapy.
- Leontiev, D. (in press). Logotherapy beyond psychotherapy: Dealing with the spiritual dimension. Annual Review of Logotherapy and Existential Analysis.
- Leontiev, D. (ed.). (in press). Positive psychology in search for meaning. New York, NY: Routledge.
- Leontiev, D. (2014). Extending the contexts of existence: Benefits of meaning-guided living. In A. Batthyany & P. Russo-Netzer (eds). Meaning in positive and existential psychology (pp. 97-114). New York, NY: Springer.
Dr. Salvatore R. Maddi
- Maddi, S. R. (in press). Hardiness. In The encyclopedia of adulthood and aging. New York.
- Maddi, S. R. (in press). Hardiness enhances effectiveness and fulfillment. In H.S. Friedman (ed.), Encyclopedia of mental health (2nd. Ed.).
- Maddi, S. R., Matthews, M.D., Kelly, D., Gundersen, K., Savino, S., & Villarreal, B. (in press). Hardiness and grit continue to predict performance among USMA cadets.
- Maddi, S. R. (2014). Hardiness leads to meaningful growth through what is learned when resolving stressful circumstances. In A. Batthyany, & P. Russo-Netzer (eds.), Meaning in positive and existential psychology. New York, NY: Springer.
Dr. Gordon Medlock
- Medlock, G. (2015, Accepted for Publication). The San Miguel artist project: A grounded theory of the “emergence of wonder”. Forum Qualitative Sozialforschung / Forum: Qualitative Social Research.
- Medlock, G. (2015, Accepted for Publication). Seeking a consensual understanding of personal meaning: Reflections on the meaning summit panels of the first congress on the construction of personal meaning. Journal of Constructivist Psychology.
- Medlock, G. (2014). Clarifying personal meaning: Reflections on the 2012 International Meaning Conference. International Journal of Existential Psychology and Psychotherapy, 5(1), 64-75.
- Medlock, G. (2014). Authenticity as a core virtue in the normative framework of a positive-humanistic psychology. International Journal of Existential Psychology and Psychotherapy, 5(1), 50-63.
Dr. Paul T. P. Wong
- Wong, P. T. P. (in press). Chinese positive psychology. In S. Lopez (Ed.), Encyclopedia of positive psychology (2nd ed.). Oxford, UK: Wiley Blackwell.
- Wong, P. T. P. (in press). Existential positive psychology. In S. Lopez (Ed.), Encyclopedia of positive psychology (2nd ed.). Oxford, UK: Wiley Blackwell.
- Wong, P. T. P. (in press). The depth positive psychology of Carl Jung. In S. Lopez (Ed.),Encyclopedia of positive psychology (2nd ed.). Oxford, UK: Wiley Blackwell.
- Wong, P. T. P. (in press). Coping and stress. In A. Wenzel (Ed.), The SAGE encyclopedia of abnormal and clinical Psychology. New York, NY: SAGE Publications.
- Wong, P. T. P. (in press). Death and dying. In A. Wenzel (Ed.), The SAGE encyclopedia of abnormal and clinical psychology. New York, NY: SAGE Publications.
- Wong, P. T. P. (in press). Logotherapy. In A. Wenzel (Ed.), The SAGE encyclopedia of abnormal and clinical psychology. New York, NY: SAGE Publications.
- Wong, P. T. P. (in press). Humanistic theories: Psychopathology. In H. L. Miller (ed.), Encyclopedia of Theory in Psychology. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Wong, P. T. P. (2015). Meaning therapy: Assessments and interventions. Existential Analysis.
- Wong, P. T. P. (2014). From attunement to a meaning-centred good life: Book review of Daniel Haybron’s Happiness: A very short introduction. International Journal of Wellbeing, 4(2), 100-105. doi:10.5502/ijw.v4i2.5
- Wong, P. T. P. (2014). Meaning making and the fundamental issues of human existence. [Review of the book The experience of meaning in life: Classical perspectives, emerging themes, and controversies]. PsycCRITIQUES, 59(22).
- Wong, P. T. P. (2014). Meaning in life. In A. C. Michalos (Ed.), Encyclopedia of quality of life and well-being research . (pp. 3894-3898). New York, NY: Springer.
- Wong, P. T. P. (2014). Viktor Frankl’s meaning seeking model and positive psychology. In A. Batthyany & P. Russo-Netzer (Eds.), Meaning in existential and positive psychology (pp. 149-184). New York, NY: Springer.