Next Meetup: June 17, 2018Decoding Peterson’s
12 Rules for life
12 Rules for Life
- Explain the 12 rules in simple and practical terms to make your life better.
- Help you develop a deeper understanding of Peterson’s book.
- Decode the Christian code words used throughout his book for both non-Christians and Christians.
- Connect his 12 rules to positive psychology research and interventions.
- Explain to Peterson haters why his book offers a reasonable path to make the world better.
Unfortunately, Peterson is such a polarized public figure that people either love him or hate him. His anti-PC campaign has contributed to this celebrity status, but this notoriety has also made him the target of hatred for an equal, if not a greater, number of people. Consequently, his detractors simply dismiss his book offhand without reading it, while his fans embrace him hook, line, and sinker without fully understanding it.
My attempt to decode Peterson is for both groups of people. I believe that if one can get past his transgender pronoun battle and understand his complicated language of using metaphors, myths, and riddles in articulating his ideas, one will discover that he has something original and significant to contribute to the academic dialogue on such important topics as the meaning of suffering and how to live a good life…
Missed the Meetup?
Not to worry! The materials from past Meetups are free to download. Several series include…
- Happy and Healthy Marriages
- Spiritual Roundtable
- Journey of Personal Development
See for yourself! Several clips from the 2012 course on the Meaningful Life and the 2013 course on Journey of Personal Development are up!
Meaningful Living Project
Currently, Dr. Paul Wong and Dr. Lilian Wong host a Meetup in their warm home in Toronto, Canada. Each Meetup, you can expect to an interesting and insightful lecture followed by an open and lively discussion. Experience it for yourself!
Dr. Paul Wong & Dr. Lilian Wong
Next Meetup: June 17, 2018
12 Rules for Life
Get In Touch
Toronto, ON M2M 4C5, Canada
+1 415 546 5588